Monday, April 25, 2011

Who Knew??

Allison and I went to the gym this morning just like we do every morning. Except this morning was different. This morning, when I stepped on the scale, my weight read ONE POUND away from my prepregnancy weight. I almost cried I was so happy. My body is still not what I want it to be, but I feel so much better than I did 3 months ago when I was finally allowed back to the gym.

My question, though, is who knew it would be so hard to lose baby weight?? Everyone I talked to said the same thing "Oh, you're breastfeeding? The weight will come right off." Um, no. Though I chose to breastfeed for a hundred reasons besides weightloss, I was thinking that was a great perk. But did you know that when you breastfeed, you want to eat absolutely everything in sight? Or is that just me? I eat as much as, if not more than, Eric. And even if I wasn't as hungry as a horse at all times of the day, I don't believe dieting is in the best interest of someone who wants their child to actually grow and gain weight.

Losing these 10 pounds have been really hard. Harder than hard. And to mommas with more than one kiddo, I am amazed by you. Moms who work? You are super stars. I have been lucky enough to stay home with my peanut which allows for 2 hours at the gym everyday. Also, our gym allows babies to be on the gym floor so as long as she gets a good nursing in and I rock her to sleep, I can get at least 45 minutes of cardio in before she wakes up.

So this may be me gloating or tooting my own horn. But I haven't been this excited about the number on a scale since, well, forever. I wanted to shout it out in the locker room. But I guess I'll just blog about it for now :)

1 comment:

Stephanie said...

Super proud of you!!! I knew you would do it! Celebrate time... get some ice cream ;)


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones
Search & Win